Chief Product Owner
Playtech BGT Sports • Jun, 2017 — Present
As a Chief Product Owner at Playtech BGT Sports my focus is to build and bring to market the next generation framework for building Sports-book with a focus on scalability and rapid time to market for the Volume segment (tier 3 & tier 2 operators) with the strategic goal to be the digital platform for the groups customers.Roughly the product could be divided into two pieces, the actual customer facing features common for a sports-book and the other part being the actual framework with focus on scalability, easy of use and rapid time to market.
In day to day work I act as a Chief Product Owner for the product development teams (Co-located & distributed).
I also act as a manager for the PO, UX, UI & Analytics team
- Chief Product Owner - Sportsbook Framework
Skånetrafiken • Aug, 2014 — Jun, 2017
As a Product Owner at Skånetrafiken my main focus is to establish a longterm (5+ years) roadmap and drive the mobile products of it operational.
My role also includes transforming the business development team into a world class product management organization by coaching other PM’s and setting up best practices for a major new development program.
We use concepts from lean-startups to validate our assumptions such as MVPs, split testing, rapid prototyping.
- Product Owner - Skånetrafiken (iOS & Android)
- Product Owner - Stadsbiljetten (iOS & Android)
- Product Owner - Pendlarparkering Trelleborg (iOS & Android)
- Concept development
- Identifying new business opportunities and developing (technical) concepts.
- Hands on prototyping of solutions (iOS, Android,Cloud technologies, Mobile Web & hardware)
- Identifying and defining future & current products as well as bringing them into market
Product Owner & Agile Coach
BlackBerry • Dec, 2010 — Aug, 2014
As a Product Owner at BlackBerry my main responsibilities is to drive parts of our mobile UI Framework Cascades forward. Responsible for managing the product throughout the product lifecycle, gathering and prioritizing product and customer requirements, defining the product vision, and working closely with senior managers (VPs and C-level) to deliver a best in class products.
I am a strong believer in the lean-startup approach to validate the concepts early, and ship MVPs where possible.
As an Agile Coach my main responsibilities is to coach and influence all levels of the Technology organization in our Cascades Advanced UI to drive increased agility, velocity, predictably, innovation and quality.
- Provide Agile Leadership coaching and training to ScrumMasters, Product Owners and functional managers.
- Collaborate directly with software and operations scrum teams to coach and guide them on the mechanics of Lean and Agile methods to achieve optimal team effectiveness.
- Deliver hands-on coaching of individual scrum teams in all aspects of scrum - daily meetings, planning, self-organization, collaboration, iterative development, etc.
- Expose our teams to the latest innovative thinking and ideas from the agile community to increase agility, leveraging lean, scrum, kanban and other agile thinking.
- Find ways to collaborate, work and deliver with geographically distributed teams.
Scrum Master & Senior Engineer
The Astonishing Tribe (TAT) • Aug, 2010 — Dec, 2010
As a Scrum Master for one of two scrum teams developing TAT Home product. TAT Home is a custom home screen for Android, with interactive 3D widgets and gesture navigation. It also includes full support for standard Android™ widgets, shortcuts, wallpapers and folders.
My responsibilities included Agile Coaching & Introductions to the team, as well as establishing and training our Korean team working with Samsung.
** (TAT was acquired by RIM/BlackBerry in December 2010)
Technical Manager & Consultant
Know IT • Jan, 2003 — Aug, 2010
During my last 4 years at Know IT I worked as a Technology Manager, with the sole responsibility of establishing and growing a team of Java technology specialists. This included line management duties such as salary discussion and development plans for the team of 16 direct reports.
As a consultant I worked at different capacities such as Software Architect, Developer, Agile Coach and Technical leads roles in a variety of different sectors.
- Architect and Lead Developer for Qlikview for Android, making Business Intelligence attractive to mobile users
- Architect and Lead Developer for Samsung Mobile (Korea) - The first non standard Android Home screen replacement for Samsung (Touchwiz) developed multisite Sweden & Korea.
- Chief Architect for MultiQ new platform for Digital Signage, building the foundational architecture and retraining of the development teams to utilize the new technology stack.
- Chief Architect & Agile Coach for Lantmäteriet - A outward facing eCommerce platform for distributing and selling geographical data related to the government agency.
- Technical Lead for FujiFilm automation workflow to handle large amount of school-photography products based on spring framework.
- Member of the architecture board evaluating the future platform strategy for Lantmäteriet
- Developer for a test framework and strategy for IKEA homegrown java-platform, used by hundreds of developers.
- Developer of a client/server application to handle sales statistics and forecasts over time for IKEA
- Developer for a core-platform output framework for IKEA to enable applications to output to different sources such as digital-archive, printer, pdf and many more.
- Developer and Architect for a in-market issue-handling system for the sales organization at ScanCoin.
- Developer and Team Lead the front-end team implementing Orange global mobile platform.
- Developer for a mobile internet portal to enable the launch of SonyEricsson’s first color mobile phone (T68i)
Framfab • Mar, 2000 — Dec, 2002
As a Software Developer i worked on pioneering the internet field for major clients such as IKEA & Volvo. Played a key role in delivering and rolling out one of the first and largest e-commerce solution to that date (IKEA) in 17 countries.
Selection of projects:
- Case study to verify the migration of the IKEA's current eCommerce platform based on Microsoft technologies (COM,ASP) to a J2EE platform based on Websphere Application Server.
- Development of a component to handle the use of digital gift certificates combined with the IKEA e-commerce platform
- Implementation of a customer facing internet banking application for Deutsche Postbank, implemented on a J2EE platform based on Weblogic Server 7.0 and Struts.
- Development of a new site for AstraZeneca respiratory, primary work within the administrative interface.
- Development of a system used by Volvo-resellers.
- Development of a mobile platform using J2EE, Websphere Application Server for the Italian carrier BLU.
- Development of IKEA’s first internet site/e-commerce platform, which was rolled out to 17 countries worldwide.